Thursday, August 27, 2009
Amazon is running a sweet special right now where you get a $5 credit for MP3 songs. I love adding music to my ipod so I took advantage of this great offer. (Plus you get a free computer game out of it.)
How to get yours.
1. Order the Big Kahuna Reef computer game from Amazon. This is FREE!
2. Click on check out. You can then opt to download the game. If you don't want it, click on download later.
3. You will then receive an email stating that you now have a $5 credit on Amazon for MP3s.
4. Have fun picking out your free music!
Here's what I picked.
He is by Mark Schultz
Broken by Lifehouse
One Life to Love by 33Miles
I will Rise by Chris Tomlin
The Motions by Matthew West
Thanks goes to Freebies 4 Mom for sharing this deal.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Prize: 1 jar of Pace picante sauce or salsa awarded as a free coupon (129,000 to be given away)
Other notes: Each player can win up to 5 times. Coupon will be delivered by mail, unlike the last time this promotion ran.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Printable coupons can be a great way to add to your savings at the grocery store. However, did you know that there is a way to earn bonus rewards for printing coupons? Just by printing your coupons through MyPoints, you can also earn points which can be redeemed for gift certificates.
- You get 10 points for every coupon you print and redeem.
- As a bonus if you redeem more than 10 in a month, you get 25 extra points.
Although I do not shop online frequently, I also earn points from reading emails and short surveys. If you download their toolbar, you can also get points monthly for searching the web.
I have been a member of Mypoints for a long time so I can tell you that they are a reliable rewards program. I have earned numerous gift certificates from them and they ship really quickly too.
Not a MyPoints member? Email me for a referral link (addingtothepiggybank at gmail dot com).
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Homemade mexican pizzas (homemade tortillas, vegetarian refried beans, topped with a little bit of cheddar cheese, taco sauce, and green onions. You know - Taco Bell only healthier!)
Avocado quinoa salad (adapted from this recipe)
Smoky baby portobello sliders w/ homemade buns
Sweet potato fries
(popcorn, cheese cubes, grapes, cucumbers, nuts, and other misc. leftover fruits/veggies from the fridge)
For more great meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday, hosted this week by The Happy Housewife
Saturday, August 1, 2009
July was a pretty good month for me - over $650 earned between sweeps wins and cash earned for rewards programs. I think starting with August, I am going to start tracking money saved with coupons as well. It all adds up.
Here are some of the highlights...
- 3rd prize in the Make your Mark with BIC sweepstakes - a Sony Cyber-Shot camera ARV $280. This was a weekly entry one. By far my biggest win this month. It was such a nice surprise since my other camera has hit the ground way too many times and has lost some of its function. My husband keeps telling me that I am not going to be able to touch this camera given the number of other cameras I have dropped and broken (3!)
- Another Amazon gift certificate earned from searching with SwagBucks. I absolutely love this program. Tip: Set Swagbucks as your home page so you will remember to use it when you need to make a search.
- $150 in rewards from our bank's reward point program. Ikea here I come!
- 2 wins from the Honey Nut Cheerios Sweet Rewards Instant Win game. This brings my total to $20. You can win up to 10 times. Expires March 9, 2010 so you have plenty of time to win.
- $25 gas card and a pair of movie tickets from Enjoy the Ride. With four kids, we rarely go to the movies so this will be a nice treat. Maybe we will go see Half Blood Prince again. Incidentally, this site keeps track of all the current codes. They added a new $25 Kohl's gift certificate to the instant wins this month.
- $50 gas card from ATT Breezin through Summer Instant Win. That will come in handy. Expires September 30.
- $25 gift certificate to Rite Aid for transferring a prescription there. I had to get an antibiotic refill anyway so it was a nice little bonus. Too bad I was on the antibiotics because I was getting a root canal.
- $10 Kroger gift card for being one of the first 300 in line at the grand opening of their new Fresh Fare stores
- $1.54 from YouData. While this may not seem like much, they pay automatically by Paypal every Friday. I have only been a member for a week but have been impressed so far.